We have come up with good news for all the users who are planning to purchase a new SIM Card. The users who are currently using other network SIM card can shift to Jio SIM without having to lose their currently using number. If you don’t have the facility of dual SIM, you can simply switch to Jio 4G SIM Card via mobile number portability. In this tutorial, we have come up with a detailed guide that helps the users switch your number to Jio SIM with much ease. Have a glimpse!
How to Switch to Jio 4G without Losing Your Number?
The users who are planning to switch to Jio 4G SIM need not have to lose their previous mobile number of any network like Airtel, Vodafone, Idea, BSNL and others. You can now make use of Mobile Number Portability so as to shift to Reliance Jio 4G SIM without having to change your original number. Here is a detailed step by step guide that helps the users switch to Jio 4G network without losing your mobile number:
- First of all, you have to send a text message to the currently using operator. The message must include requesting for a port mobile number.
- The users need to send a message as “PORT Mobile Number” to 1900.
- Make sure that you send the SMS from the mobile number that you wish to port to Jio 4G SIM. Certain charges for SMS apply for the user.
- For instance: PORT 9010844527
- You will receive a Unique Porting Code from 1901 with just 15 days validity from your currently carrier.
- The Unique Porting Code is valid only for 15 days. You can now download MyJio app from the Google Play Store and generate the offer code.
- Just visit the nearby Reliance Digital or Xpress Mini Store so as to fill the customer application form. Along with the application form, you need to submit the essential documents such as Aadhaar Card, recent photograph, address proof and other documents.
- Immediately, the Reliance retailer issues a new Jio 4G SIM card to you on the spot.
- After the activation of Jio SIM Card, this Jio SIM card makes use of the same mobile number that you are currently using. The users need to pay a fee of Rs. 19 for the activation of Jio SIM. The old SIM card deactivates that you are using on some other mobile network.
- It might take 6 to 7 days for the activation of the Jio 4G SIM. If the current SIM shows ‘No Service’ on the top of the mobile, you need to place the new Reliance Jio 4G SIM on your mobile device.
The users need to make use of the similar procedure in order to shift from Airtel to Jio Port, Vodafone to Jio port, BSNL to Jio port, Idea to Jio port and many more. These are the simple steps that help the Jio SIM Card users to shift to Jio SIM without having to lose the previous mobile number of Idea, Vodafone, Airtel or BSNL network.