Reliance Jio has created a rage in India with its current 4G offer with free unlimited data, that everyone wants one for themselves. So if you are the one having the Reliance Jio Sim Card and looking for activation process, you are on the right page. I will take you through the complete guide for activation of the Reliance JIO Sim Card for the LTE and VoLTE devices. Before I start with activation process guide let me clarify the LTE and VoLTE devices. All 4G devices are based on as LTE (Long Term Evolution) technology whereas Volte ( Voice over LTE) is one of the advanced feature of the LTE devices in which voice is transferred in data. So all 4G phones have the LTE technology, but might not be advanced enough to have VoLTE. However, the activation process of Reliance JioSim card for both devices is same. There are two processes to activate your Reliance Jio Sim Card
Jio 4g Sim Activation Process [ Online & Offline ]
1) eKYC Process
- You need to generate offer code in your 4G phone ( note your phone should be 4G phone to support a Jio Sim Card)
- Visit your Jio store with the offer code generated and your original Aadhar card
- The Reliance Jio store people will take you through biometric device process to verify your fingerprints and sometimes also the retina verification is done
- You have to show the Barcode in your phone
- Provide your alternate mobile number
- Now you are done and all your details will be uploaded within seconds and in few minutes an order confirmation SMS will be sent to your alternate number. It might take 3-4 hours or more to get your Reliance Jio Sim Card activated.
2) Manual Process
- Visit your nearby Reliance Jio Store with your Aadhar Card if you have; otherwise take 2 documents for address proof and one for ID proof. Also, carry 2 passport size photographs for documentation purposes.
- Furnish your correct email ID to the Jio Store people together with the documents.
- You will get the free Reliance Jio Sim Card and email will be sent to your email id for billing Receipt and for activation of the Jio Sim Card.
- You have to open your email and follow the steps to activate your Jio Sim online; as activation of the jio sim is online only.
- Two SMS will be sent to you, one for order confirmation and other for sim Verification. You need to
- Once both the SMS are received, you need to call on 1977, a toll-free Reliance Jio Sim Customer Care no. Keep your Bill Receipt and all furnished documents’ details handy, as you need to get all details verified in order to prove your ownership of the Jio Sim Card. This is called Reliance Jio Tele- Verification.
So, you are through with the complete activation process for Reliance Jio Sim Card. However, the activation might take from 15 minutes to few days. You have to be patient as Reliance Jio is loaded with a huge traffic of calls and activation.